Billings Public Library and the Yellowstone Genealogy Forum will co-host a series of classes on genealogy on Wednesdays in October for Family History Month. The programs will take place in the computer classroom on the library’s second floor. All presentations are free and open to the public. The classes will consist of two parts: instruction from approximately 3-4 p.m., then individual research from 4-5 p.m.
Class topics are:
- Oct. 2: “Newspapers Online,” finding your family.
- Oct. 9: “Military Records,” how to track your service person.
- Oct. 16: “Internet Archive,” your friend for research.
- Oct. 23: “Digitize, Sort & Save,” scanning and organizing documents.
- Oct. 30: “DNA & Ancestry Results,” what does it all mean?